1. How Much Power Do You Need?
As a rough guide, we recommend around 120 watts of power per square metre for bedrooms and around 150 watts per square metre for more open areas such as living rooms and office spaces.
2. What Air Conditioning Features Do You Need?
One of the most fun, yet confusing parts of buying a new air conditioner is the vast array of advanced features that are now on offer. Depending on your lifestyle, and where you live on the Sunshine Coast, like on the beach or inland, you’ll need to do your research and work our what feature as best for you.
If you are already at this stage and a little confused, please just call us on 07 5448 8389 and we can explain these differences and specifications.
Here are some brilliant features that Fujitsu air conditioners offer:
- Reverse Cycle: The most fundamental choice, a reverse cycle air conditioner lets you to both cool and heat your home, perfect for the Queensland climate.
- Cleaner Air: Fujitsu air conditioners can come with a static electricity filter to clean the finer particles and dust in the air such as smoke and plant pollen for those with allergies.
- Mosquito Traps: This is a handy little feature for those of us who can’t stand mosquito’s in the day, and especially at night when they’re keeping you awake.
- Dehumidifier: A must have in for many Sunshine Coast residents, especially those inland, this feature will lower your home’s humidity to increase your level of comfort.
- Timer: Schedule for exactly when you want your air conditioner to start, and stop during the day or night.
- Human Sensor Control: This feature detects people in the room and delivers the optimum efficiency and temperature control. The sensor can also switch the air conditioner into energy saving mode if no movement is detected.
3. What Energy Efficiency Rating Is Right For Me?
The energy efficiency rating of your Fujitsu air conditioner will play a big part in how much it costs to run. Generally, every extra star in the energy rating means a 15% reduction in power costs. If you’re planning on staying in your home for a while, or on the Sunshine Coast and would move your air conditioning unit with you, it’s best to make purchase a Fujitsu air conditioner with a high energy efficiency rating. It will easily pay for itself over time.
4. Always Use A Qualified Fujitsu Installer.
When you’re looking for an air conditioner, it can be tempting to cut corners to save money. One of the most common mistakes people make is trying to install their unit themselves. This isn’t a sensible move, and we often called out to homes or offices where someone has either tried to install the unit themselves, or used a friend who may be a tradesman, but who is not a professional Fujitsu air conditioner installer.
A professional installer will help you locate the ideal position for your air conditioner for maximum efficiency, and avoid any installation headaches further down the track. A professional team like Atkinsons Air will also help you with warranty claims if you ever run into problems.
At Atkinsons Air, we’ve 30 years of air conditioning experience and hundreds of happy clients on the Sunshine Coast, just contact us today on 07 5448 8389 for your obligation-free consultation.